Terms & Conditions
- All NCW commuter buses are open seating, except for the first row on the door side of the bus, reserved for the conductor and one assistant Conductor.
- All persons entering the bus must give the driver a ticket except the Conductor with an ID badge from NCW (Martz). Assistant Conductors must give a ticket.
- Children accompanied by a guardian requiring a seat must give the driver a ticket.
- Children small enough to sit in the guardian's lap are not required to give a ticket.
If an NCW commuter bus overfills and in turn leaves customers at a stop the customer may do one of two things:
- Wait for the next NCW commuter bus going to the same lot and ride that run.
- Ride the next NCW commuter bus (not to interfere with customers on that run); if the run does not go to their drop off lot, the driver will finish the scheduled run then go back to the customer's stop.
Cell Phone Policy
In consideration of your fellow passengers, and proper rules of etiquette, cell phone usage is to be kept to a minimum. It is recommended that your cell phone be set to vibrate when a call is received. We understand that emergencies do arise and understand that customers will take those calls; however, it is prohibited to take a cell phone call in the first three rows for safety reasons. We will greatly appreciate it if everyone will start adhering to our Cell Phone Policy.
The following suggestion may help you relay our policy without unnecessarily upsetting our customers. Most people know the policy but if you feel the need to make an announcement try to use something along these lines:
Martz has a cell phone policy; please turn your cell phones to vibrate while on the bus. If it is necessary to make or receive a call be considerate of your fellow riders and talk low and keep the call as short as possible. THANK YOU for your understanding.